Over my time I’ve noticed the less than favorable profile pictures and short bios. Lets review some of the best things to avoid doing in profile pictures, and ways to perfect your dating profile photo!
Things not to do in your profile picture:
- If you smoke cigarettes – dont. Especially not in any of your profile pictures.
- Now, I’m not going to knock mirror bathroom selfies, but if you must use it as a tool for your picture – clean the mirror first, then see whats in the background. Maybe pick up the pile of dirty laundry first?
- Resist shirt-less or super-provocative/revealing photos. We really don’t need to see that yet. If fitness is your thing, which is totally cool if it is, we understand. But please, don’t try to be extra seductive and revealing in your profile picture, at least if you’re looking for more than a one night stand.
- Avoid tag lines about how hot, awesome, cool, dope, or the shiznit you think you are. You’re definitely not if you had to say that.
Good things for profile pictures:
- I’m going to go out here on a limb here and say smiling or presenting to be happy is always a good thing. Most people prefer to be around someone that likes to have fun and laugh.
- Being yourself, I mean showing off whatever your into is totally awesome! It’s great to be passionate about what you do or your hobbies! But flaunting is generally not scene as attractive.
- Being honest and truthful with any bio or description is helpful, avoid over-exaggerating any details.
Other than that, I don’t have a lot; besides profile pictures with dogs, get extra points, at least from me. 🙂 I feel that if I get much more specific I’ll start just defining the type of person I’m looking for. We all have different taste; some wider and some more narrow than others. You are simply not for everyone, and quite frankly, that is a good thing!
The question that I constantly get asked, which irritates me most, is “How is a beautiful woman like you single?” My literal response varies, however the content doesn’t and that’s simply “because I choose to be.” I had a friend