Last updated: [03/19/2019]
- Through the LoveTheNetwork.com website (the “Website”) and any and all software applications may download from or access via the Website or from application platforms operated by Apple, Google, Microsoft or any other app platform (the “Apps”). Together, we call the Website and Apps the “Service.”
- When you use Facebook or LinkedIn to sign up for the Service.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Service.
This Policy does not apply to PII collected by:
- Us outside of the Service, which includes on any other website operated by us or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible via the Service.
By visiting, accessing, using or downloading the Service, you agree to our collection and use of PII as this Policy provides.
The Purpose of the Policy and Updates to the Policy
We provide this Policy so that you understand how we treat PII. This Policy applies only to PII collected through the Service. We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. Any changes that we make to the Policy will take effect immediately as soon as we give you notice of them, which we may do by means including but not limited to issuing an email to the email address listed by registered users or posting the revised Policy on this page. It is your responsibility to review this Policy periodically and to be aware of any modifications. Your continued use of the Service after any modification means that you acknowledge the change and agree to the practices that we disclose in the Policy.
PII that You Provide Us
The PII that we collect on or through our Service may include:
- Information that you enter into forms on the Service. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Service as well as posting material or uploading material to the Service. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with the Service.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Service and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Service.
- Your search queries on the Service.
- You also may provide information to be published or displayed (“posted”) on public areas of the Service or transmitted to other users of the Service or third parties (“User Contributions”). You post User Contributions and transmit them to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Service with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions, so we cannot and do not guarantee that unauthorized people will not view your User Contributions.
In these ways, we may ask you for your name, email address and other contact information, payment information, and information about how you have used the Service.
PII We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you use the Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect information about your equipment and browsing actions, including:
- Details of your visits to the Service, including traffic data, location data, logs, and the resources that you access and use on the Service.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
We collect this information to help us understand how people use the Service, how we can improve its speed and how we can make it easier for people to use it, among other reasons. The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Service may use local stored objects (“Flash cookies”) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Service may contain electronic files known as web beacons (also called clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that let us, for example, count users who have visited those pages and for other website statistics, like recording the popularity of website content and verifying system and server integrity.
How We Use Your Information
We use PII to:
- Provide the Service to you.
- Provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Let you know about changes to the Service or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts that you enter into with us, including for billing and collection.
If we use your email address to communicate with you (with the exception of transactional emails regarding your use of the Service), please write ‘Unsubscribe’ in the Subject line and body in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How We Disclose Information to Others
We may share your PII, or any part of it, in either anonymized or personally identifiable form:
- to work with third-party companies that we use to provide or market the Service or other products that we offer (“Third-Party Services,” below);
- to other companies with which we enter into business relationships;
- where we believe it is necessary to respond to legal claims asserted against us, to comply with legal process (e.g. warrants and subpoenas), to enforce or administer our agreements, to prevent fraud, for risk assessment, for investigation, and to protect the rights, property or safety of Us, our users or others.
- to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or illegal conduct, or suspected violations of our Terms of Service;
- to subsidiaries or affiliates that we may have today or in the future;
- to disclose to another company in the course of a business acquisition, merger or sale of assets;
- where the law requires us to disclose PII; and
- in other cases where you may grant us permission to share your PII.
We use various Third-Party Services to operate the Service. These include: Adobe’s Flash Player, Amazon Web Services, Constant Contact, Facebook API, Facebook’s Pixel, Facebook Lead Ads, Facebook SDKs, Google AdWords, Google AdSense, Google Analytics, Google Docs, Google Drive, Google Firebase, Google Forms, LinkedIn, Mailchimp, Microsoft, SurveyMonkey, Twitter, WordPress.com, WordPress.org and WPEngine and may include others in the future.
Third-Party Services collect, use and share PII pursuant to their own privacy and security policies. Some of them, including Google, may use location information and other PII to serve advertisements to consumers on other websites. By using our Service, you consent to our providing PII with Third-Party Services to be used in accordance with their own privacy and security policies as they exist today and as they may change in the future.
For more information about how Google’s services use PII, see “How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services.”
For more information about how Constant Contact uses PII, see “About Our Service Provider.”
We cannot and do not guarantee that PII will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers. By using the Service, you (a) consent to our using PII as described in this Policy notwithstanding this risk; (b) waive any claims against us relating to the interception, use or disclosure of PII by third parties unauthorized by us; and (c) agree to notify us promptly if you suspect any unauthorized usage of PII.
For more information on protecting your privacy, please visit www.ftc.gov/privacy.
To access or use the Service, you must be at least 18 years old and have the requisite power and authority to understand and consent to the practices described in this Policy.
Your Rights With Respect to PII
To update or edit the PII that we keep, simply update the relevant information in your profile.
“Do Not Track” Technology
If you use Do-Not-Track tools to prevent websites and software products from tracking your online behavior across websites, we will not track your behavior in that way.
Cookies and Other Storage Technologies
When you use the Service, we or our Third-Party Services (including Facebook) may use tools to collect information about how you use it. These tools may include cookies, web beacons or other storage technologies that store users’ IDs or passwords to personalize web pages that they see and provide website analytics. We may also use these tools in advertising the Service. You are welcome to opt out of our use of these tools with you, and you can learn more about how do to so at the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Webchoices page, European Advertising Standards Alliance (EASA)’s Framework and the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt Out page.
No Rights of Third Parties
This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties, nor does it require disclosure of any information relating to users of the Service.
Disclaimer of Warranties
We make no representations, warranties or promises about the security of PII except as stated expressly in this Policy or where required by law.
For More Information
Please direct any questions about this Policy to: email@example.com