Last Modified: December 2, 2019
Acceptance of the Terms
Changes to the Terms
We may revise and update these Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Website thereafter. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of revised Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website and any service or material we provide on it in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
To access the Website or some parts of it, you must create an account and provide the information that the Website requests. All of the information you provide on the Website must be correct, current and complete.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. Your account is personal to you, and you agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security.
We have the right to disable any user name, password or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including if, in our opinion, you have violated any provision of these Terms.
By using the Website, you represent and warrant that:
- You are legally qualified to form a binding contract with us;
- You are at least the age of majority in the state where you reside;
- You have never been convicted of, or pled no contest to, a felony related to: a sex crime, or any crime involving domestic violence, stalking or any other violence;
- You are not required to register, and have not registered, as a sex offender with any federal, local or state sex offender registry;
- You have no more than one account on our Website; and
- We have never removed an account that you created on our Website.
If at any time you cease to meet all of these criteria, you agree to immediately delete your account and we reserve the right to terminate your membership immediately.
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree not to use the Website:
- In any way that violates any law of any country, infringes on any person’s intellectual property rights, or violates any contractual or other rights of any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the Content Standards set out in these Terms.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Love the Network, a Love the Network employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other technology, material or software that is harmful or that copies material from the Website.
- To attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
Member Code of Conduct:
In your interactions and communications with other Website members (“Members”), with us and with all other people and organizations, you will:
- Not engage in any conduct that we in our sole discretion view as harassment, stalking, bullying, intimidating or threatening.
- Immediately comply with any request by another Member to discontinue contact or communication with that Member.
- Not publish, or disclose to any other person, any User Content that another Member posts on the Website.
- Not send unsolicited intimate or obscene photographs of yourself or of any other person, or any other obscene or indecent material.
The Website may from time to time contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, instant-messaging features and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (“post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Content”) on or through the Website.
You represent and warrant that you own or control all rights in and to the User Content, you have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our licensees, successors and assigns, and all of your User Content will comply with these Terms.
You are responsible for any User Content you submit, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness. We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Content posted by you or any other user of the Website.
These content standards apply to any and all User Content and use of Interactive Services. User Content must comply with all applicable laws. Without limiting the foregoing, User Content must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote, advocate, assist or enable any illegal activity.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that it emanates from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by Love the Network, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by intellectual property laws.
You may use the Website for your personal, non-commercial use only.
The Love the Network name, logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of Love the Network or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of Love the Network. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We reserve the rights in our sole discretion to:
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Website for any or no reason.
- Remove or refuse to post any User Content for any or no reason, and take any action with respect to any User Content that we deem appropriate, including if we believe that such User Content violates the Terms, including the Content Standards, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users of the Website or the public or could create liability for Love the Network.
We assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information on the Website is presented solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by Love The Network, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Love The Network. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Online Purchases and Other Terms and Conditions
By using the Website to make any purchases of services, you agree to the terms of such purchases that we (or third-party services that we may use to facilitate purchases) may publish from time to time in and through the Website. If the Website states that you are entering into a recurring billing plan, then you agree that you are purchasing a subscription service for which you will pay us in each pay period regardless of the extent to which you use the service and that we may bill your payment card in every stated payment period automatically until you cancel (or until the end of a pre-determined recurring billing period). Unless the Website states otherwise, we do not offer refunds on prepaid services in any circumstances.
Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. NEITHER LOVE THE NETWORK NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH LOVE THE NETWORK REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
LOVE THE NETWORK HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE
THE FOREGOING APPLIES TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
LOVE THE NETWORK, ITS AFFILIATES, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS WILL NOT IN ANY EVENT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. THE FOREGOING APPLIES TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Love The Network, its affiliates, licensors and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms AND your use of the Website, including, but not limited to, your User Content, any use of the Website’s content and services other than as expressly authorized in these Terms or your use of any information obtained from the Website.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms will be governed by the laws of Maine. Before taking any legal action against us, you will contact us in a good faith effort to resolve your dispute. If you do later take legal action, any such action will be resolved by binding arbitration conducted by a mutually agreed service in Maine. If we fail to reach agreement as to an arbitrator, either we or you may bring an action against the other in a court of competent jurisdiction in Maine.
Limitation on Time to File Claims
ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR THE WEBSITE MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES, OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
Waiver and Severability
No waiver by Love the Network of any term or condition set forth in these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of Love the Network to assert a right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of these Terms is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.
These Terms are the entire agreement between us and you about the Website and they cannot be amended except by a written agreement between you and us, executed by both of us, stating its intention to amend these Terms.
We certainly hope that you enjoy using our Website, but if you’re dissatisfied for any reason with it, you agree that you will first contact us at email@example.com to discuss your concerns and work with us in good faith to resolve them. If we still have a dispute between us after that consultation, the exclusive means by which we will resolve any dispute or claim relating to these Terms (including any claim or allegation of a breach of these Terms) or to the Website will be BINDING ARBITRATION conducted by JAMS in the State of Maine applying Maine Law. Any proceeding to enforce the arbitrator’s award may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in the State of Maine applying Maine law. You hereby consent irrevocably to the jurisdiction of such courts for that purpose.
Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by Love the Network, a Maine corporation. All feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.